Saturday, November 22, 2008

Meatball burger

Currently Digging: nothing ***resting before I go to gym***
I should say this is the most successful "HEALTHIER" burger I have ever done... this time it was juicy, moist, tender, and meaty beefy...
HEAVY lunch today.... my pre-work out meal...
My plate: half hamburger sandwhich--with tomato and onions, no cheese.
My sides: boiled zucchini, wilted baby bella mushrooms, asian coleslaw without the crispy noodles.
My soup: same as everyone's! cream of mushroom (healthy version-canned) with asparagus and shiitake mushroom.
MEATBALL BURGER
  • lean ground beef
  • minced onions
  • minced garlic
  • mrs. dash
  • garlic powder
  • onion powder
  • pepper
  • salt
  • grounded cereals (i used hi-lo cereals) like bread crumbs consistency (with cumin, poultry seasoning, mrs. dash)
>mix all ingredients in a bowl except grounded cereals
>before baking or grilling: coat LIGHTLY with grounded cereals "breadcrumbs"
>I cooked it in nu-wave oven: 5-7 minutes per side: flipping once.
>Lightly toast bread with cheese (if desired)
>Add condiments if desired
>Arrange
Here's my mom's and my dad's plate. They didn't like the boiled zucchini... Yah know... parents--- as they grow old, they become picky eaters...
My dad ate his entire plate-- so proud of him!!!!
I used garlic parmesan roll for their hamburger, topped with tomato and onions with cheese
Sides: wilted mushrooms and onions, asian slaw with crispy noodles
Soup: Cream of mushroom soup + asparagus + shiitake mushrooms

QUICKIE ASIAN SLAW
>shredded cabbage: blanched with hot boiling water
>shopped tomato
>Newman's spritzers (asian flavored)
>>Mix everything up!!! Serve.