Sunday, October 19, 2008

post-workout salmon

Currently Digging: scrambled eggs and red beans

I saw this beautiful salmon at SAM'S CLUB. It's quite a fish! hehe

There's 2 fillets for a little over 2 pounds = $12.00
I think it was $5.++ per pound... it's well worth it!
Just think about it this way: if you eat salmon fillet at a restaurant it's baked with a little bit of sauce, let's say it is probably around 6 oz it will cost you $9.00

Let's see the break down of price here:

AT HOME:
> 4-5oz salmon = $2.00
> Low salt seasoning + Mr's dash = $0.20
> Baking labor = $nothing so easy to do, easy clean up
> Lemon =$0.25
> No butter, no extra salt, healthy = PRICELESS
> No guilt succulent pleasure of moist and tender salmon = PRICELESS
> Broccoli and Cauliflower medley pre-cut = $1.50

SO EASY TO DO!
  1. Preheat oven 375 degrees.
  2. Season the fillet with your fave seasoning (MINE: mr's dash, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, pinch salt, freshly ground pepper, squirt of lemon, slices of ginger)
  3. place in a foil or silicone lining (for easy cleanup)
  4. Bake for 20-25 minutes... until done moist and smells like heaven!

Look at this: it's healthy.... filling... and yummy...

And that's my post-work out dinner.
PROTEIN, VEGGIES, and a FRUIT as my simple sugar source.... (I already ate a fruit, I just forgot to take a pic of it!)


QUICK UPDATE: i am down to 207.8lbs!

I AM THINKING: posting a sample menu... from breakfast til dinner on one of my HEALTHY DAYS!