Wednesday, October 29, 2008

first timer's YOGURT: hummus; chicken salad

Currently Digging: WATER!
This is the first time I messed with plain yogurt
First time I ever made hummus....

Result: texturally disaster... taste? deliciooso!

For this hummus:
  • 1 can garbanzos; drained and rinsed (to get rid of as much sodium)
  • 1/4 of lime; juiced
  • plain yogurt (maybe about 3oz. coz I used abou 4.5 oz and its a little thin...)
  • 5 cloves garlic; roasted
  • 1/4 jalapeno; seeded and ribbed; minced
  • 3 drops of sesame oil (i don't have tahini!)
  • couple dashes of paprika
  • freshly ground pepper
  • salt to taste
  • minced/chopped green onions - for garnish
>>i used the bullet to mix everything (or food processor), except for the jalapenos and seasonings.
Maybe next time I should slowly add in the yogurt to adjust the consistency.
Once blended, mixed in the paprika, fresh ground pepper and then salt.
I folded in the minced jalapenos. garnished with green onions then chilled.


This pic on the left???
Snack for tomorrow for work!!!!! protein-rich and fiber-rich? I don't know! **too lazy to think about mutrion info....**

___________________________________________


CHICKEN SALAD:
-4 oz Plain yogurt
-10 oz Chicken breast: cooked; shreded/chopped; cool
-chopped onions (optional)
-chopped tomatoes; seeded (optional)
-chopped bell pepper (optional)
-chopped roasted garlic (optional)
-minced jalapeno (optional)
-2 tsp dijon mustard (adjust acdg to taste preference)
-2% shreded cheese (i used mild cheddar)
-salt & pepper

>> Just mix everything together... adjust seasonings according to taste...
USE in wraps, bread, salad topping, pita filling...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Back to work tomorrow.... I feel good today! Had two days of AWESOME-ROCKIN' workout!
I was full of energy... And I feel great...

Though I didn't lose any weight last week... and my eating habits still sucks!!!!! *What can I do now!?!?* My appetite is just killing me! huwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. i'm always.. ALWAYS eating more than my calories.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... time to be good lei!
TIME TO BE GOOD AND DISCIPLINED!

MY LUNCH BOX: an apple (50) - sugarfree jello (10) - 2 slices whole wheat bread (110) - sauteed spinach with shaved carrots (90) - pork loin boiled then browned in a convection oven...(250) =approx: 510 calories(?)

Am I on the roll or what?!?!