Friday, March 7, 2008

waffles en bacon da healthy way!

Currently Digging: egg beaters-bacon-Kashi waffles


BREAKFAST! BREAKFAST! I Loooooooooooooooooooooove breakfast! It is my favorite meal in a day!

So lately, i have been experimenting with different foods i'm not used to.
Usually:
for breakfast i would eat egg, another breakfast meat, then rice or bread.

With me trying to be healthier and at the same time enjoy my food, i thought well maybe i should try different stuffs too. Once in a while i eat rolled oats, sometimes cereals and soymilk.

And this is the first time i ever ate waffles... ever! Would you believe that?!?!

Oh it's the pinoy in me talking! haha.. Growing up NOT liking pancakes, i thought well I should take a shot with waffles---since it is crispier and crunchier!

here's what I had one morning:1 serving (2pcs) Kashi waffles original = $1.00
squirt of sugar-free syrup = $0.50
blueberries = $1.00
2 slices turkey bacon = $0.25
------------------------------------
total: $2.75

total PROTEIN: 14.2g
total CARBS: 38.1g
total FAT: 10.6g
total CALORIES: 280.2cal


*pretty cheap for a healthy meal huh?!?!* and it's goooood too! IT's a treat!



warning: this is not an advertisement for kashi waffles! I JUST LOVE KASHI brand... and of course whitewave's SILK SOY MILK!