Tuesday, March 11, 2008

cheap & ez grilled chicken

Currently Digging: home made chilli-flavored vegetable soup!

Last time i went to HY-VEE, on their deli section/restaurant, they have this grilled chicken breast along with rotisserie chix, ribs etc. Iniisip ko pa if i will buy it or not, since i don't know what and how it was cooked. BUT:
I went ahead and try it. It's good for easy fix meals and for my pack lunch for work. The best part of it is that it's only $3.99 and the breast were portion into about 3oz each, there's 4 pcs in a package.

I ate this one night after i came home from work! I WAS SOOOOOOO TIRED! SOOOOOO TIRED to cook for dinner. So I:
cut up and used 1/2 tomato = $0.25
1 slice whole wheat bread = $0.20
1 pc (3oz) grilled chicken breast = $1.00

Served it with:

romaine lettuce, tomatoes, parmesan cheese, with home made honey-mustard-asian dressing. = $2.50 (?)


simple and satisfying!