Tuesday, February 19, 2008

turkey beef pasta with roasted veggies

Currently Digging: romaine salad, hashbrowns, egg with sausage scramble~
HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY DAD!
I prepared this dinner for myself on my dad's 60th birthday. He was asking me where I want to eat, but i told him since he can't, why bother. I would just cook for myself, at least i won't mess up my diet. Instead of the all-time-birthday-tradition: PANCIT, i cooked pasta instead-- EASY and delicious!
PASTA: any kind of pasta... (not the round or with hole kinds, coz this doesn't have cream or sauce...) cooked Al-dente of course!
SAUCE: i have a huge batch of ground turkey and ground beef that I have browned and seasoned (with herbs, onions, garlic, few salt, pepper). I used that.
Added button mushrooms.
Can't believe its not butter spray.
Toasted garlic.
Some pasta cooking water (to de-glaze the pan)
shaved parmesan cheese
~~~add butter to pan, brown the garlic. add mushrooms, let it cook until most liquid is gone. add pre-browned meat. let it cook until all is well done. (if too dry, add some pasta cooking water.)
SIDE POCKET: Love your veggies! I am not a huge fan of veggies, but when it is roasted or grilled, i will eat them (depending of the kind of veggies ofcourse! duh!).
broccoli bunch
asparagus
cherry tomatoes
~~~wash the veggies and dry. on a convection oven (this is what we have) or a conventional oven, single layer the veggies in a pan. drizzle with little olive oil, season with herbs or mrs. dash. Pop it in the oven, or use the broiler low function to cook the veggies until some areas are crunchy and dry, some with preserved veggie juice. THAT's IT!
PLATE: Mix the pasta with the dry meat sauce, until well coated. Add the roasted chery tomatoes. plate the veggies. plate pasta. top with thinly shaved parmesan cheese. SERVE HOT and fresh!
CONDIMENTS: Lee kum kee chili garlic sauce or tabasco.
DELICIOUS! just do not overdo the olive oil!
I HATE GREASY PASTA!!!
total Cal: 517.6
total protein: 38.1 g
total carbs: 59.2 g
total fat: 16.8 g